Sunday 14 October 2012

Feline Walk Cycle

I've been struggling a bit to grasp the concept of a quadruped walk so to help me feel more comfortable I've been watching a few online tutorials. One in particular has really helped open my eyes to the way a cat moves. Using a comparison to a human walk cycle and adapting it to a feline walk, i can see exactly what needs to alter in order to create the right attitude.

 
Another informative tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYCGMdQgs-I

After looking at the reference videos, I have drawn a step by step walk cycle diagram showing what the feet are doing at each point in the cycle. This will act as a guide for me when I begin the animation process. If I stick to this diagram I should find it a lot easier to create a functionally and fluid walk cycle.


This diagram shows the position of the feet at each stage of the cycle. The black dots indicate when the foot is in contact with the floor (if the black dot has a F it means the foot is flat on the ground) and the open dots tell us when the leg is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment