Thursday 25 October 2012

3rd Attempt

With there still being problems with my cat walk cycle, I decided to stop thinking about my cat as an outline and instead try to imagine what is going on underneath. I thought less about details like facial features and instead focused on the muscles underneath and how the react as the cat walks.


Although this has been more successful, the are still flaws - the most obvious still problem being  with the click between the first and last images in the cycle. They don't match up well enough for a smooth loop.This again is down to the footing. As the animation progresses, the cats feet still don't stay consistent. By the last frame, all feet rest upon the top line instead of being evenly spread between the top and bottom lines. This makes it difficult for a smooth transition. There is clear movement within the body although I think I need more squash and stretch in order to get a more feline attitude. I need to be aware of where my feet begin and end to make a successful walk cycle and also think 'cat' when I'm animating instead of just trying to animate a general quadruped.


No comments:

Post a Comment