Thursday 25 October 2012

Cat Run Cycle 1st Attempt

Before I committed to animation paper, I did a quick thumbnail animation using the reference video of the slow motion cat. This animation was a lot more successful than I thought it would be as I was drawing it. The movement is clearly a run and although the body stretches a bit too much and the images again don't match up, I am happy with the finish.
 

After a promising start, I began another cycle on animation paper. This cycle is a lot more fluid although it is a bit too slow for a run. Again there is a jump between the first and last frames and the legs slip again. I think one of the problems is that the lines are just too far apart which makes it difficult for me to keep the feet to the lines. To help improve the fluidity of the loop, I am going to try and re-arrange the frame order by starting the sequence halfway through (e.g 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), This should help me get a better inbetween between the first and last frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment