Thursday 25 October 2012

Cat Run Cycle

Although I haven't quite perfected the walk cycle of a cat, I do also need to animated a run cycle. Personally I think this looks a lot more simplistic to animate than a walk as the legs seem to walk more in unison with one an other. To begin with I again watched videos as reference materials for my run.



This video in particular was extremely helpful in seeing exactly how a cat runs. By watching this over and over again and trying to mimic the movement every few frames, I have created a quick test for my own run cycle

 
 
After looking at these reference videos, I have once again created a step by step cycle diagram. Looking at this diagram, it does appear that run is more simplistic but I won't know for sure until I begin animating.
 
 I have also created another dot diagram indicating where the legs are during a run cycle



No comments:

Post a Comment