Friday 23 November 2012

Weight

After looking at pushes and pulls, I have begun looking at another aspect of weight - the lift. Looking at reference videos of lifting and acting out a heavy lift myself, I been able to create quick sequence sketches on the key movements in a lift.

 
This animation is very rough and the struggle of the weight isn't really there. Because of this, I have gone on to draw another weight - this time using a weightlifter. I have watched reference videos of a weightlifter and then drawn quick sketches.

 
Once animated I can see that it works a lot better but there still isn't much anticipation going on within the action. He seems to pick up the weight with ease and the timing of the animation stay consistent throughout. To help improve it I would make the weightlifter hold the weight for a while at the beginning and then try and vary the speed at certain points (making the action faster as he moves the weight to his chest and then slower when he lifts the weight above his head) to help improve the sense of anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment