Friday 23 November 2012

Animated Obstacle Course Plan

Putting everything together about what I have leaned about movement and weight, as well as the 12 principles of animation, I now have to create an animated obstacle course. Using running, jumping, climbing &c I will create a piece of animation about a character negotiating a series of physical obstacles. Before I jump into the animation progress, I first need to plan out my obstacle course; what sort of course will I have? What will the various activities be? Once I've created my course, I can then decide how my character overcome the obstacles put before him and how easily (or not so easily) the he will navigate around the course. To create my course I will look at existing obstacle courses and then use elements of that in my own. I want to make my obstacles course look exciting and not just like the usually genetic courses.  I have used references of army traing obstacle course as well as the TV show Gladiators to help me get a sense of what an obsticle course is.



The point of this exercise to to show off what I have learnt about the world of animation thus far. To do this I want to include as many of the 12 animation principles as possible. I will add in a sense of anticipation when my character is faces with a difficult task. I could add exaggeration when my character faces difficulty to add a sense humour or maybe a secondary character who completes the course with ease to show a comparison between the strong and weak. This would also add sympathy for the character giving him more appeal.I also want to attempt secondary action to add a better sense of realism to the piece. I could do this by giving my character hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment