Saturday 24 November 2012

Obstacle Course Animation

I have decided that my obstacle course will consist of 3 separate obstacles: a rope crawl, a jump and a cross on the monkey bars. Below are the videos of the initial animation.

 
When the man lifts his legs to the bar at the start it is a bit slow and then as he crawls across the bar he moves far too quickly. I have to sort out these issues before hand-in. I like the element of the spikes. It adds a real sense of danger. I think I'd like to do something similar with the other obstacles so that they too have that element of danger.


I think the jump works pretty well. There is good squash and stretch and he makes great height. I'd like to add in an object for him to jump over though otherwise the action seems a bit pointless.

 
The monkey bar obstacle works well. As he crosses the bars he has a good pace. There is a sense of secondary animation within the obstacle as the legs move separate from the rest of the body - this gives the impression of momentum, propelling the man forward across the obstacle. I'd also want to add in another element to this obstacle. Maybe something below the bars to keep him from wanting to fall - water maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment